Energetic. A charismatic Creative Director and Senior Designer with over 20 years of diverse experience in branding, marketing and UX/GUI design. Proven ability to build brands from the ground-up in alignment with client expectations and their business requirements. Highly skilled and entirely hands-on leader of cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to establish creative direction and ensure projects are completed on time and to budget.
In-depth knowledge of both traditional and digital platforms, including direct mail, email, social media, packaging, web and mobile. Focus on creating unique, multi-platform experiences that result in enduring client relationships. Strong business acumen with a demonstrated track record of developing, planning, and strategizing, as well as pitching to accounts.
• Master Level Software Skills
• UX / UI: Web/App/Mobile, iOS Design
• Cross-Functional Leadership
• Resources & Project Management
• Brand Development
• Editorial Content Production
• Research & Analysis
• Information Architecture & Prototyping
• Integrated & Experiential Marketing
• Digital & Social Media
• Stakeholder Relations
• Multicultural & Hispanic Advertising
• Product Packaging
Gehrenbeck Creative Studio
2002 – Present / Creative Director
• Currently leading creative for DeliverLean.com
• Ongoing freelancing art direction for for Mattel / Fisher Price
• Work with a diverse client base to provide a full suite of marketing, branding, and creative design solutions.
• Selected clients include: Mattel, Realplusonline.com, thinspaOfficial.com, OswaldoVigas.com, DeliverLean.com, OnJuice.com, Mamiverse.com, e4gs.com, Pixelittle.com, UnivisionTarjeta.com, ArtCircuits.com, GBicPartners.com, Wikot.com, JimmyDean (Hispanic), Tajin.com, ParhamSantana.com, Ameda.com, GVartconservation.com, GoBalanceDiet.com, OpenMobilePR.com, CaribbeanCinemas.com, ClaroPR.com, PeconicGreenGrowth.org, among others.
Foundry9 (Currently LiquidHub.com), New York, NY
2016 – 2017 / Associate Creative Director
2008 – 2009 / Associate Creative Director
• Godiva Digital Marketing and Food Styling / Art Direction
• Collaborated closely with JPMorgan Chase marketing executives to develop credit card enrollment programs, promotional initiatives, banner storyboards, landing pages, ATM screens and marketing emails.
• Integrally involved in the development of promotions Chase/Disney, Amazon, and Marriott partner marketing materials.
• Facilitated UX, architecture, GUI design and content implementation for the “Chase Clear & Simple” program.
Sony Pictures Television International, Miami, FL / 2006 – 2008
Independent Creative Director
• Conceptualized, designed, and produced engaging marketing materials for the Ad Sales and Distribution departments in support of initiatives targeting the distribution of movies and TV product in Latin American and Hispanic markets.
• Successfully integrated content and graphics in preparation for materials and offer sizzler for TV Markets and Sales Up-fronts.
Media 8 (Currently rebranded as M8Agency.com), Miami, FL
2003 – 2006 / Creative Director
• Created Award-winning Hispanic Advertising experiences by leading a team of 10+ on site-and overseas designers/developers.
• Served in a key creative role focused on designing and developing online campaigns and web projects for major companies.
• Selected clients included AOL, Unilever, Hertz, the US Army, Mexicana Airlines, Sears, and Starwood Hotels.
2001 – 2003 / Creative Director
• Provided innovative design solutions for Kitchen-Universe.com, Latin3.com, Citruslab.com, BCV.org.ve, Coldwell Banker, EddHelms.com, Medico Latino, Autocosmos.com, Net-People and other leading businesses.
Additional experience in Art Direction, Graphic Design, Branding, and Marketing (1996 – 2000)
Education & Awards
Graphic Design – PROdiseño, Escuela de Comunicación Visual, Caracas, Venezuela
Recipient of several MSN Emmessenny’s and Addy Awards
Skills & Languages
• Expert in Adobe Creative Suite, iWork, MS Office, InVision, Sketch, OmniGraffle and other UX online tools.
• Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS, Bootstrap; task management and supervision of SEO, E-commerce, Content Management Systems WordPress, Joomla, Magento; CRM systems and Email Marketing.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish with a constant flow of creativity, imagination, and style.